IoT-O is a core domain Internet of Things ontology. It is intended to model horizontal knowledge about IoT systems and applications, and to be extended with vertical, application specific knowledge.
It is constituted of different modules :
- A sensing module, based on W3C's SSN (http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ssnx/ssn)
- An acting module, based on SAN (http://www.irit.fr/recherches/MELODI/ontologies/SAN)
- A service module, based on MSM (http://iserve.kmi.open.ac.uk/ns/msm/msm-2014-09-03.rdf) and hRest (http://www.wsmo.org/ns/hrests)
- A lifecycle module, based on a lifecycle vocabulary (http://vocab.org/lifecycle/schema-20080603.rdf) and an iot-specific extension (http://www.irit.fr/recherches/MELODI/ontologies/IoT-Lifecycle)
- An energy module, based on powerOnt (ttp://elite.polito.it/ontologies/poweront.owl)
IoT-O developping team also contributes to the oneM2M IoT interoperability standard. @en